Ceiling lights are a great way to add practicality, beauty, and sophistication to any room in a house. Ceiling lights are available in all shapes and sizes with varying features and functions. They can be installed on the ceiling of your living room, bedroom, or kitchen. Decorative ceiling lights come in different forms, such as chandeliers, pendant lights, and recessed lighting. These lighting fixtures have their own set of benefits for users, so choose the one that suits your needs best!
A chandelier is a type of ceiling light that provides illumination through multiple lights. It’s a fancy word for “a bunch of lamps hanging from the ceiling.” Chandeliers are usually large and ornate, but they can also be small. These lamps are typically found in dining rooms or living rooms to provide extra light and make a room look more formal and sophisticated. Chandeliers are usually made of glass or metal with crystals or beads strung throughout them to add sparkle!
Pendant lights are often used in kitchens and dining rooms, where they can be suspended from the ceiling above the kitchen island or dining table. They’re also popular as task lights over sinks and vanities in bathrooms and powder rooms, but you can hang them anywhere that needs extra light. Super soft and silky, our range of linen bedding is the epitome of modern day bedding trends. Get cozy tonight!
Pendant lights look great when hung from the ceiling in clusters (though if you have more than one, ensure they’re equidistant from each other). A single pendant light makes a statement on its own—especially one metallic or translucent, allowing it to reflect light around the room.
Recessed lighting is a great way to add light to a room. It can be used in kitchens or bathrooms, and it’s often installed as a DIY project. Recessed lighting comes in different types, including task, ambient, and accent lights.
- Task lighting: This type of light is focused on the area you’re working on so that you can see what you’re doing better—for example, if you were cooking in your kitchen at night and needed extra light above your stovetop or sink area.
- Ambient lighting: This type of light creates an overall glow throughout the room so that it doesn’t feel too dark but still looks pleasant and cosy (great for living rooms).
- Accent lighting: This type of recessed ceiling lamp illuminates specific objects like artwork or furniture pieces within your home so that they stand out more than other parts of the room do
Track lighting is a type of decorative ceiling light that uses a track to hold the lights. Track lighting can highlight specific areas of a room, creating dramatic effects. They are often used in kitchens and bathrooms, but they can also create an elegant look elsewhere in your home.
Track lighting fixtures are comprised of three parts:
- The armature or track itself provides structural support for the lights.
- Light sources like halogen bulbs or energy-efficient LEDs.
- The mounting hardware attaches to your ceiling joists so that you can easily install and remove this type of fixture without too much effort.
- A flush-mount light is a ceiling fixture that covers the entire ceiling. It’s usually installed in bathrooms but can also be used to create a decorative effect in other rooms of your home.
- Flush-mount lights can be mounted on walls or directly on ceilings. They’re typically used as a light source but can also highlight specific architectural features.